My Bucket List!
Do you have a Bucket List? It’s a sort of ‘things to do before you die’ list! This isn’t as morbid as it sounds; after all there is no rush! It is more a celebration of the excitement of life. I always feel very lucky to have so many things I want to do. One thing is certain, I will never ever be bored!
I have limited myself to thirty items on my bucket list. However this is not finite!
So here is my bucket list (in no particular order):
- Visit Japan – for many, many reasons! Though mostly for gulls!
- Run the London Marathon – mostly because I like a challenge, though I am also a little bit nuts! – DONE ✓
- Inspire people to love and respect their environment
- See a Gurney’s Pitta – this is just one of those birds that has really captivated my imagination
- Write a book about ‘The Inked Naturalist’
- Visit the Arctic Circle - DONE ✓
- See a Killer Whale - DONE ✓
- Visit Malta to help Birdlife Malta
- Visit Israel - Because the birding is awesome!
- See all the dragonflies and damselflies in the UK (just two left now)!
- Promote a holistic conservation approach
- Inspire my children
- Have a minimum of twenty iconic birds tattooed onto my arms to help raise awareness of the ongoing destruction of Turkey’s wildlife and raise funds for Doğa Derneği
- See a Steller’s Eider - no explanation needed! - DONE ✓
- Learn how to speak Turkish – I am trying!
- Never lose my excitement for life
- Keep learning!
- See a Nordmann’s Greenshank
- Visit Yellowstone National Park
- Share my passion for the natural world with as many people as possible
- Run the length of Hadrian’s wall
- Visit ‘The Burren’
- See the Himalayas
- Meet as many inspiring people as I can
- Always remember that people are part of nature too
- See an Albatross (any species will do)!
- Visit Turkey as many times as I can (one down, many more to go)!
- Never stop asking questions
- Wake up happy every morning
- Keep adding new things to my bucket list